Advanced Plating Technologies provides comprehensive vapor degreasing services on any metallic substrate as well as a range of polymers or phenolics. Vapor degreasing is an excellent method to remove gross machining oils, mild die or mold release agents, drawing lubricants and other surface contaminants. In addition, vapor degreasing services can be coupled with additional cleaning methods including electrocleaning and ultrasonic cleaning services to provide a custom cleaning protocol tailored to the specific application.
Vapor degreasing services provide an excellent alternative to aqueous washing systems as they retain the dissolved organics within a solvent rather than an aqueous suspension. Once expended, the solvent can be recycled for reuse, making it an environmentally sound method of parts cleaning. Advanced Plating Technologies often employs ultrasonic cleaning of parts prior to subsequent metal finishing operations such as plating or powder coating to improve the processing consistency regardless of the as-received soil loading of the components.
Advanced Plating Technologies’ vapor degreasing services eliminate the environmental concerns of treating water from traditional aqueous washing systems. In addition, many companies have found an economic advantage with outsourcing the cleaning requirements of their manufacturing process with Advanced Plating Technologies by utilizing our vapor degreasing services.
Vapor degreasing utilizes both liquid and vapor forms of an organic solvent to remove organic matter from the surface of a part. Within a commercial vapor degreasing unit there is a heated liquid sump of solvent that produces a vapor zone above the liquid solvent level. An upper cooling jacket maintains the vapor solvent within the degreasing unit.
The work piece is lowered into the heated solvent sump where ultrasonic generators can be used to enhance the overall cleaning action. Once removed from the solvent sump, the work piece receives a “virgin” solvent cleaning via suspension within the vapor cloud above the liquid sumps. The vaporized solvent provides an excellent final stage of cleaning since it is fully devoid of dissolved organics due to its vaporized state. This “vapor-only” cleaning effect makes vapor degreasing a more reliable and superior cleaning process than many aqueous-based methods of degreasing.
The specific vapor degreasing solvent employed varies upon the application. Advanced Plating Technologies typically utilizes an n-propyl bromide solvent (NPB) for the majority of our vapor degreasing services due to its excellent performance and environmental acceptance. Demanding applications of vapor degreasing services such as parts laden with polishing compounds or grease may require the use of an alternate solvent or multiple cleaning steps.
Advanced Plating Technologies provides expert vapor degreasing services to fulfill even the most demanding requirements. Our team of certified finishing engineers can custom tailor a cleaning protocol specific to your component and application needs. The following points highlight why Advanced Plating Technologies is an industry leader in vapor degreasing services:
- Diversity of Substrates: Advanced Plating Technologies provides vapor degreasing services on nearly any metallic substrate including copper & copper alloys such as beryllium and tellurium coppers, hardened and alloyed steels, stainless steels, Inconels, Hastalloys, Monels, ductile & cast iron. Various plastics and phenolics are compatible with APT’s vapor degreasing services. Methods and solvents are matched based upon soil loading, specific alloy and final cleanliness requirements.
- Small and Demanding Geometries: Advanced Plating Technologies specializes in vapor degreasing services on small and delicate components used within the medical and dental industries. Multi-step degreasing and cleaning systems can be used to handle even the smallest parts.
- RoHS and REACH Compliance: Advanced Plating Technologies is at the forefront of environmental compliance and can certify our vapor degreasing services as needed to the current RoHS, ELV and REACH regulations.
- Competitive Pricing: Competitive pricing in vapor degreasing services is paramount to gaining and maintaining our customers in today’s competitive global marketplace.
- Reliable Lead Times: With inventories leaner than ever, dependable delivery is a core competency that we value highly to ensure the service our customers need in vapor degreasing services.
- Value Added: Advanced Plating Technologies prides itself in meeting the customer’s needs. Whether it’s custom engineering packaging, vacuum or nitrogen sealed packaging to enhance storage, Kanban inventory management or light subassembly– APT will work with you to ensure we meet your needs in vapor degreasing services.